Sunday, March 01, 2009

One armed vicaring

was inescapable this morning...I was relieved of the 8.00 & this afternoon's Evensong too (for which relief much thanks) & reckoned that the All Age congregation at Churc in the Valley were probably sufficiently innured to my ways to cope with the effects of an uber-cack-handed vicar still pretty high on pain meds.
All in all it could have been far worse.
OK we had the gradual AFTER the gospel & I welcomed the wrong pair of twins who had returned to celebrate the anniversary of their baptism...but against that we can set a very lovely rendition of Cwm Rhondda in honour of S David, a baptism that did not entail my drowning the delightful candidate & an address without notes, pretty much from cold, which went really rather well.
And I've spent all afternoon back in my nest on the sofa - so could even claim to have been marginally sensible.





2 comments:

Unknown said...

Well done! You've been on my mind today, and I'm glad to hear it went well.

Chris said...

"Uber-cack-handed" LOL! Well done indeed! Even managing to rest up a bit.

"When I am weak, then I am strong".