Thursday, January 01, 2009

Resolutions - or not?

Having spent the morning in vaguely melancholy reflections, I guess it's now or never if I'm to attempt any resolutions for the coming year.
I'm so very good at planning 6 impossible things before breakfast that resolutions are a pretty much constant element of life for me...Lent, Advent, birthdays, retreats....you name it, if there's a possibility of a new start, I'll be on the verge of making it.

So of course I can't resist at least trying again on this 1st day of January 2009...

  1. to see more of my friends. You are some of the dearest and most heart-warming people on the planet and I'm so blessed to know you - so I intend to celebrate your presence in my life by actually spending time with you
  2. to leave my study each evening in such a state that I don't feel faintly sick when entering the following morning (this might also save me time as there should be fewer unexpected losses of keys, diocesan forms and the like)
  3. to read a bit of a real book (the sort I wouldn't be ashamed to blog about!!!!) every day. You know, I did keep on reading right through last year, and must have cleared well over 150 books, but too many of them were in the happy trash category, and though I need to read those too, I did once upon a time have a brain and I tend to be an all round happier person if I use it. Maybe I'll revisit the book challenge this year to keep myself on track - what do you think?
  4. to take the dogs for a decent walk each and every day (essential with Libby in my life,- and much easier as a result)
  5. to either change those things that need changing in my life, or stop whingeing about them.
There we go. That should keep me amused for most of the coming year...Right now I'm off to walk the dogs.

2 comments:

Chilly Fingers said...

I think I'd like to steal your resolutions!

Rhys said...

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us.' We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There's nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we're liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others

Happy New Year "Good in Parts"