Sunday, August 17, 2008

Prayer works!

"Well, duh....obviously" you say.
"Call yourself a vicar, woman? Honestly!"

Last night I entreated prayers on the RevGal site for a very tricky and potentially explosive situation in one of my churches. I won't go into details, except to say that by the end of the Eucharist this morning various kind and competent people had swung into action, and it looks as if the problem is more than half way to solution.
I'm deeply grateful to those who prayed, and to God who gave me such splendid souls to work with. I do, as I'd suspected, have the very best job in the world...

The first hymn at Church on the Hill this morning said it all -though at the time we were singing it, I didn't appreciate this as anything other than alarming irony

"Ye fearful saints, fresh courage take;

The clouds ye so much dread
Are big with mercy and shall break
In blessings on your head."

In other words, phew! All shall be well!

1 comment:

RevDrKate said...

Oh goody! I do so love a happy ending....especially when it involves my favorite vicar!!!!!