Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Never work...

with children and animals!

The well-worn adage rings very true for me today....I came home early this afternoon to discover that dogs and cats had conspired to knock over 2 of the large pots of geraniums which are currently evading the frost just inside the French doors in the dining room, scattering earth everywhere, which the cat(s?) had elected to use as a litter tray.

No time to deal with this, as I needed to shoot straight back out to the Junior School, where in the course of decorating jam-jar lanterns in honour of Candlemass, one delightful child elected to thrownavy blue glass-paint all over the pale grey library carpet....

I know, I know. Life just is messy sometimes - but I do wish it wasn't. Still, viewed more positively, this may be the escape route from my "What do I do with the JAFFA Club" Tuesday afternoon panics!

1 comment:

Fiona Marcella said...

I don't suppose you'll get out of it that easily.