Monday, March 20, 2006

I don't believe it!

One week ago, I blogged the nightmare of a diary wiped completely, as if its contents had never been.
On Saturday, having received the 2006 filofax diary insert from SPCK, I spent a frustrating couple of hours writing up all my engagements for the next few months and reminding myself how it feels to carry around a bulging folder...
Today, at 5.25 precisely, LoudBoy, who had been playing with the Psion shrieked
"Mummy, I've found your diary!"
Somehow, for some unfathomable reason, the psion had elected to open a new diary on top of my original...It wasn't until LoudBoy was trying to get rid of all my files before taking over the psion as an extra techie toy that this new diary, untouched by curate's hand, was persuaded to depart....leaving my original sitting happily below. It's ALL THERE.
Every. Last. Word.
I know I ought to be happy (specially if we really can persuade one of the PCs on our network to accept the psion software, so that backing up is a real option) but actually this feels like the unkindest cut of all. If it's broken, I don't want it fixed just after I've worked out an alternative action plan. So, excuse me but I'm going off to my sulking spot. It looks very comfy tonight.

10 comments:

Rainbow dreams said...

Isn't that so typical! Exactly the kind of thing to happen to me too!! So which are you going to go with?........

Kathryn said...

Now come on, Katie! I told you that we don't do decisions round here ;-)
But I did hate the sheer bulk of the filofax (have to have a page a day to get everything in....) so if the techie boys in my life can between them persuade psion to chat to PC network (it definitely won't talk directly to mine...wrong version of windoze)I expect I'll give it another chance. After all, it HADNT actually done anything awful in the end, and I was happy with it till I thought it had....

Rainbow dreams said...

ok, so psion forgiven - till next time???? ;-)

Karen Sapio said...

The computer gods demand their sacrifice--try beheading a chicken under the full moon next time.

Theresa Coleman said...

Hmmm... maybe do BOTH?
=o)

Anonymous said...

comfy spot? laughing!!

(also at pure christian I think - grin)

I'm with RM - do both. I'd never ever leave it all to electronics again.

I think writing it twice - might also help with priorities (does me) ... can I really do this, should I really do this - pick up the phone now and say NO.


:)

be blessed.

Anonymous said...

I wonder if there's a sermon in this somewhere? Something about feeling all is lost when it is simply hidden and waiting to be found again. Or something about resurrection?!

Anonymous said...

Argh! Lots of hugs - that really is just the mostr frustrating time for it to start working again!

Caroline said...

i'm happy to bet that the would be new owner of the psion is even more pissed off!!

Kathryn said...

He's taking it like a pingle, really :-)...currently very smug that he alone sorted it!