Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Senseless waste...

Sometimes I simply do not understand what is happening in this world. Brother Roger of Taize is dead, stabbed during an evening service in front of 2,500 young people from all over Europe. Here's the link..
It certainly seems like madness, and such a cruel blow to the Taize community, and to all those whose lives have been touched by it. I'm specially sad for the young people there at this time, whose experience of the love and inspiration of the Taize community will be balanced forever by the horror of this violence.
Brother Roger, may you rest in peace and rise in glory.

3 comments:

Karen Sapio said...

Yes--I saw this news too. He joins the blessed company of Romero and Becket

St. Casserole said...

I'm so sorry for our community at this loss. So sad. I suppose Brother Roger would be the first to understand it.

Unknown said...

It's just horrifying. So sad.