Friday, August 13, 2004

Friday 13th

Since my beloved youngest child was born on this day 12 years ago, I've always claimed a particular fondness for 13ths in general, and Friday 13th in particular. This year I'm rather uncertain, though.
The day has featured one deeply unhappy parishioner, two funerals plus a funeral visit and most seriously the awareness of the huge pain that one of my dearest friends is going through, and which I can do nothing to alleviate. I had never seen myself as a Mrs Fixit but clearly I have these tendencies...to no avail.
All I can do is stand at the foot of the cross and weep......for which, of course, there is rather a precedent. I know I'm not alone there, though, and this has helped me to get through the day and even manage to play birthday jollities with the boy himself. Thanks to those whose companionship in the sadness made this more possible.

No comments: